Crafting Gentleness

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Rachel Corrie, in remembrance

"This has to stop. I think it is a good idea for us all to drop everything and devote our lives to making this stop. I don’t think it’s an extremist thing to do anymore. I really want to dance around to Pat Benatar and have boyfriends and make comics for my co-workers. But I also want this to stop. Disbelief and horror is what I feel. Disappointment. I am disappointed that this is the base reality of our world and that we, in fact, participate in it. This is not at all what I asked for when I came into this world. This is not at all what the people here asked for when they came into this world. This is not what they are asking for now. This is not the world you and Dad wanted me to come into when you decided to have me." (Rachel Corrie, email to her parents, c. 2003)

Rachel Corrie Memorial Website:
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Jim Page's song for Rachel Corrie, "I'd rather be dancing", filmed by Dale Blindheim at the Antique Sandwich Co, in Tacoma WA, October 2006:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLgksOCyyj0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home