Crafting Gentleness

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

How to Ungoogle Yourself

In passing, if you ever find yourself in a situation where all the google searchs on you bring up stuff that you would rather they didn't, there are a few things you can do ...

http://www.wikihow.com/Ungoogle-Yourself

Also, from http://blog.seeminglee.com/2007/09/how-to-ungoogle-yourself.html:

"- The best way to for you to remove your unwanted data from appearing into the public mainstream is to create more data for Google to index.
- The best way to be most invisible to prowling eyes is to have the most visibility in the most public places."

1 Comments:

  • can't but help post a comment considering my current position ....

    I am a multi-window/directional web surfer, I googled a friend I have recently been reacquainted with through facebook, and who her self has become high profile. I found a keynote speech she made regarding removing the copyright on digital media. while listening to the talk, I was reminded of Anthony’s interests and simultaneously googled myself for interest to see if some past embarrassing postings still pop up, they didn't, I flicked back to this blog and found this posting on ungoogling yourself. I am now confused about all the windows I have open and what my intentions are, but happy to re-discover the hope archives ...

    I just like synchronicities :-)

    Brett

    By Blogger Brett Nicole Kaiden and Jamala, at Tuesday, 04 December, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home