Crafting Gentleness

Monday, October 06, 2008

Nonviolence weekend

I spent the weekend at a nonviolence workshop hosted by the Irish Network for Nonviolent Action Training and Education (INNATE) and Kilcranny House. The weekend took place at Kilcranny and was led by Joanne Sheehan, an experienced veteran of non-violent activism in the United States. It was my first extended encounter with people who work for the cause of nonviolence, and it was a great opportunity to meet new people with similar approaches to life and relationship. There were some things I loved about the weekend, and some things that gave me pause for thought, but I think I'll need to mull them over before putting anything in print ... :)

Before I went on the weekend someone had emailed me asking what I thought the difference was between an approach of nonviolence and an approach of gentleness. I think this weekend has really helped me to make some sense of what my response might be to that. Again, I'll need to mull it over for a while before manifesting anything on the blog ... :)

1 Comments:

  • Hi Anthony .. I'm looking forward to reading your reflections on the link between nonviolence and gentleness. My initial reaction is that gentleness is one possible manifestation of nonviolence. Would enjoy developing this deeper. Ian

    By Blogger Ian | Quantum Learning, at Wednesday, 29 October, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home