Crafting Gentleness

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

In between work-to-do

I've been working, I've been thinking, I've been eating too much sugar which got me really depressed for a few days. I've been mulling things over, sitting through, ticking over, I've been getting on with lifestuff. I've been thinking about depression. I've been thinking about violence, I've been thinking about conflict, I've been thinking about affinity, I've been thinking about gentleness, I've been thinking about the differences that people make, I've been thinking about the kinds of ways I might like to raise (who-knows-what-future-possible) kids. I keep coming back to the importance of the children. What attitudes do we raise our children to value? I've been thinking about how best to take care of myself. How can I be expected to save the planet when it sometimes takes me an effort to feed myself? I've been thinking about people I love. I've been thinking about people I'd like to see more of.

I came across a craft-related article today about manual work:

Shop Class as Soulcraft
http://www.thenewatlantis.com/archive/13/crawford.htm

There are specific things to report, I'll get onto them soon ... (cue procrastination ...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home