Crafting Gentleness

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Stress

I find it really interesting how stress sneaks up on me, and then starts inviting all the unhelpful thinking round for a drink. It's sometimes not until I start finding myself doing or saying things I barely recognise that I get any idea that there's a significant change taking place. At least at the moment I hope I am vigilant enough to just notice it, respect it, and take my thinking with a grain of salt (i.e. not take it too seriously) until the stress subsides a little. To parathink a friend, it's not likely a great idea to be thinking serious thoughts when you aren't in a position of emotional strength. To paraphrase another one, if it's coming from a place of fear, it may be instinct, but it's not intuition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home